Urban Paradise and Hamilton

Urban Paradise Guild

I needed to go do my Service Learning Hours for my ENC1102 class at ACE Preserve -2605 NW 135th ST North Miami, FL 33181. I signed up for a Saturday from 8:00-11:00am, and I thought it would be just picking up garbage from the park or maybe some other easy stuff and convinced my mom and my boyfriend to go along with me (I still ask myself why 😭)...

                                                      

                                                                        via GIPHY

On Saturday when we arrived there we met Sam and he gave us gardening gloves to use (which smelled terrible 😷) before he started explaining what we were going to do. Right after seeing what we had to do I realized that after this I was in big trouble with my two companions for this trip. 

                                                      
                                                                        via GIPHY

Putting that thought aside we learned that the Australian Pine tree was an invasive plant that would not let the other plants grow. My boyfriend and I were put to take out some of those pine trees while my mom got lucky and ended up with the easy stuff. After what felt like eternity of hard work and sweat we finally finished our work there. Then my mom and boyfriend IMMEDIATELY got on their phones to call everyone they know and started to over exaggerate the "torture" I had put them through.

                                               
                                                                          via GIPHY
Moral of my story don't bring your boyfriend and mom with you to do Service Learning. Despite that it was a fun learning experience to have with them and it felt really good to be able to do something to help the nature.😊
Some Australian Pine trees that had been taken out were left to the side to dry up and die.
My mom, me and my boyfriend taking a break.

Hamilton

   When I found out we had to participate in a play of Hamilton in my ENC1102 class I was hoping it was just but a nightmare. I could not stop thinking of how hard it would be and to memorize lines and the people 😱😱😱... BUTTTT it turned out to be pretty easy and fun. Basically I panicked for no reason 😐. I chose to do the Introduction to the first part of the Cabinet Battle and just had to introduce it to the audience. It turned out pretty good and I got an A!!!         

                                           
                                                                         via GIPHY







Comments