Public Speaking

Public Speaking can be a great fear for many of us, its something that affects 75% of the population. It's not easy to do, our heart starts raising, the palm of our hands get sweaty and suddenly the words don't seem to come out of our mouth. I can personally agree with this, its happened to me so many times. I'll never forget one of my first presentations in middle school, It was a powerpoint based on the state of Alaska and I was so nervous I thought I was going to die.
via GIPHY
Besides the service learning with Urban Paradise, we had to be part of Hamilton in Hialeah: A Changemaker Experience. A presentation based on Hamilton the musical. Hamilton is a sung and rapped through musical based on the life of the American founding father Alexander Hamilton. The presentation I was a part of was obviously not the actual musical but it was a way to introduce it to the people here in Hialeah campus...

via GIPHY

This presentation was in front of a pretty big crowd, and honestly, I felt confident since now I'm a lot more comfortable presenting. shout out to Sherri Sinkoff for that...


via GIPHY

BUT WHEN I WENT UP THERE OMGGGGG I COMPLETELY FREAKED OUT...

via GIPHY

But it all turned out to be okay... thx dr.k. Overall presenting about Hamilton the musical was pretty cool. I know how popular this musical has become, and I honestly love the concept of it. It's a very smart and modern way to explain the life of Alexander Hamilton. Even though I find American history extremely boring ðŸ˜” this musical did catch my attention.

Lin Manuel Miranda...

via GIPHY

Comments