Hamilton The Musical & Urban Paradise Guild

Hamilton Musical Experience

Doing research in Hamilton the Musical was very interesting to me. I've never seen a play be so well put together in such a unique way. The way that Lin-Manuel Miranda incorporated rap stood out to me the most because of the way he had organized it into the play. 


In the beginning of the service learning for Hamilton, I was not very familiar with this play so all of the research I made was new to me. Researching and reading about Lin-Manuel himself and the story behind him making this play, I came across Ron Chernow who is the inspiration behind the musical. Lin-Manuel had read a biography on the American Figure about Alexander Hamilton that was written by Ron Chernow.


My part for the service learning I had to introduce the whole play. At first I thought it was going to be difficult for me to do but I did a lot of research and ended up putting a whole summary. Doing this part of the play is very interesting because I learned about the whole musical in general and found out about the back story of the play.  When it came to presenting the musical I got very nervous about messing up but once I went up I felt a bit more comfortable and did my part without messing up. I felt accomplished and proud that the whole play came out great and I think everyone did an amazing and did very good presenting there parts. 

via GIPHY

Urban Paradise Guild

My experience at Urban Paradise was interesting just because I got to learn about what they do and how they help out the environment in general. I attended the Amelia Garden Center and it was actually my second time there. I choose this event because the first time I went I enjoyed planting, harvesting and weeding and it was just a different experience.
   

This time around we had gone to another section of the Garden. This part of the garden had multiple boxes of different type of crops. The instructor had informed me that each of those boxes belonged to low incomes families and that they had given them that space to grow their crops. All of the crops were very well taken care of. I had to weed in some of the sections in the boxes because there were a lot of unnecessary plants grow inside of them. 





Also, I harvested some tomatoes as well and I enjoyed doing this task. The instructor had given me a couple of plants where the tomatoes grow to cut them off. There were some that were still green and not ready but most were plump, red and ready to eat. 


Over all I had such a great experience at the garden and I find it amazing what Urban paradise do for  these plants and the families that don't have a place to keep there crops. They really do what to incorporated and bring back natural habitat in our environment. I really do believe that people should come out help and volunteer because it's such an enjoyable, interesting and learning experience.





Comments